I'm a Christian wife, mom, piano teacher, and author of 101 Piano Practice Tips. I'm also the creator of Upbeat Piano Teachers which launched in October 2015.
Upbeat Piano Teachers is a project that's very dear to my heart. I've been teaching piano for 15 years, but prior to that, I worked as a television meteorologist.
Creating the webinars has been the perfect way for me to merge my 2 loves: teaching piano and working in television. If you're interested in growing as a piano teacher, make sure you check out my online courses!
In my spare time, I love to read, volunteer with Meals on Wheels, and hike with my family. I'm also a Virginia Tech graduate and an advocate for Type 1 Diabetes. My son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes in March 2010.
On my blog, you'll find me writing about -
Books - definitely books! (I'm more than a little obsessed with reading!)
My faith (Romans 15:13 is my favorite Bible verse!)
What you can expect:
My goal is to inspire piano teachers to live intentional lives. I'm crazy enough to believe that you CAN be a great piano teacher, build your studio, AND keep family a priority!
I'd love to hear from you! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org - Or join me on Facebook!
Random Facts About Me
1. I'm a Christian, an avid reader, and I love to crochet.
2. I'm not much of a cook, but I make great lasagna and fabulous oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
3. After 20 years, I'm still in love with my husband.
4. Before I became a piano teacher, I was a television meteorologist. (That's how I met my husband!)
5. My husband and I volunteer for Meals on Wheels. (Our 16-year-old son, Matthew, tags along most weeks!)
6. I can name 35 Marvel characters! Yes--35! Matthew is Marvel nerd and a great teacher!